Tuesday, December 06, 2005

 

Forsaken By God and Alone

Psalm 22
(Quoting v. 1) “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?”

Jesus quoted the first phrase on the Cross, bringing to mind, then and now, this prophetic Psalm.

Fulfillment:
“Then they crucified Him, and divided His garments, casting lots, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet: ‘They divided My garments among them, And for My clothing they cast lots.’" ~Psalm 22:18 quoted by Matthew (27:35)

“And those who passed by blasphemed Him, wagging their heads and saying, ‘You who destroy the temple and build it in three days, save Yourself! If You are the Son of God, come down from the cross.’” ~Matthew 27:39-40
“And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, ‘Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?’ that is, ‘My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?’” ~Matthew 27:46

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?