Thursday, January 12, 2006

 

God Is Not Dysfunctional

God has always told us what we need to know. In answer to Mrs. Schaeffer's question, (previous post) "Has God been fair?", listen to His voice:
"Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel, (Note: THEOCRACY) And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: 'I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no god. And who can proclaim as I do? Then let him declare it and set it in order for Me, since I appointed the ancient people. And the things that are coming and shall come, let them show these to them.
Do not fear, nor be afraid; have I not told you from that time, and declared it? You are My witnesses. Is there a god besides Me? Indeed there is no other Rock; I know not one.' " ~GOD (Isaiah 44:6-8)
God is open and honest in all His ways. I don't know if any of you have caught KQED's Walking the Bible, but I am fascinated that the title uses 'Bible' when the whole premise is three religions, one root. Therefore, it skipped the part about Abraham naming the mountain site where God provided the ram, "Jehovah-Jireh", God will provide. And that the blood of a sacrificial lamb, over the doorways in Egypt, was pointing to the Lamb to come who would save the children of faith; Jesus was the perfect Lamb of God. It is a bit painful to watch as these gaping holes in the story pass by without telling. One thing is certain, it is not God's fault! He has "told us from that time"! No other god, religion, has done this amazing thing.

Back to David soon.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?