Friday, January 13, 2006

 

The Remnant-David, Psalmist

Psalm 9:1: “I will praise Thee, O Lord, with my whole heart: I will shew forth all Thy marvelous works.” v. 10: “And they that know Thy Name will put their trust in Thee: for Thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek Thee.”

David knew his Creator because he had eyes to see as he sat alone at night and watched the sun rise. “The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament sheweth His handiwork. Day unto day uttereth speech and night unto night sheweth knowledge.” It makes me not mind my alone times; it makes me desire an isolated hillside under starry skies (if it weren’t so darn cold!)

Isaiah 17:7 (today’s Bible lesson) “In that day, a man will look to his Maker and his eyes will have respect for the Holy One of Israel.” Sigh. Could it be?

This is the same singular man who wrote the Twenty Second Psalm. “as God opened his understanding with inspiration such as only the writers of the Bible have had. In this Psalm, [David] portrays the death of the coming Messiah” (Schaeffer) Verses 16-19: "They pierced My hands and My feet; I can count all My bones: they look and stare at Me. They divide My garments among them and for My clothing, they cast lots. But You, O Lord, do not be far from Me: O My Strength, hasten to help Me!”
David submitted a detailed description of the Lamb who would come for THE ATONEMENT of all, and “the ones who would live at the time it all happened, who heard these words from Psalm 22 sung in the Temple, Sabbath by Sabbath, were given a ‘key’ to open a door of understanding when the moment arrived!” (pp 81-82) The key was their Testament filled with history and prophecies.

“Understanding of what the lambs [of the generations past] were pointing forward to was unfolded with more detail as centuries went on, but at any point in history, there was sufficient factual content…And there was no time when some did not really believe…when the truth was not being proclaimed by someone.”…in the remnant.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?