Friday, March 09, 2007

 

Jesus Said...

“My God is Love. He doesn’t judge based on how much knowledge a person has,” someone said to me. Correct! God judges according to what you DO with the knowledge widely AVAILABLE to you and nearly all of mankind! WHY does my sweet friend read everything BUT the Bible on the shelf in her home? The issue has never been those who have not, for God is fair. Always, it has been the seeking heart, the knowledge which abounds around us, and the warm or cool reception God receives. Frankly, Jesus laid it on the line when He said, “I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of My mouth.” ~Revelation 3:15-16

“If you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?” ~Jesus (John 5:46-47)

It is in words that God has communicated, knowing full well our mental capacity to grasp His message of salvation. Rejection of God’s Word incarnate and God’s spoken Word (Jesus and the Bible, respectively) is a question of the heart, not the mind. If you want to know it, you will. Made in God’s image, we can emotionally relate to the desire for goodness, beauty, peace, companionship, creativity and fun, all of which is God’s. Justice and fairness are deeply entrenched in our conception of civilization. There are certain acts of aggression and oppresion that are not tolerated in any society, ANYWHERE! Human beings are perfectly able to understand the things of God, including His Word.
So, what words did Jesus use to describe Himself?
“I am…
…the Way, and the Truth, and the Life
… (John 14:6)
…the Resurrection and the Life… (John 11:25)
…the Bread of Life… (John 6:35)
…the Light of the world… (John 8:12)
…the door… (John 10:7)
…the Good Shepherd. (John 10:11)
…[One with My Father]. (John 10:30)
…the True Vine…” (John 15:1)
“Ye call Me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.” (John 13:13)
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, before Abraham was, I AM.” (John 8:58)
“Then Jesus said to those Jews which believed on Him, If you continue in my word then are you my disciples indeed; And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” ~John 8:31-32

“Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him!” ~Isaiah 30:18


Michael W. Smith sings these poignant words in his latest release, Stand:
"His arms are open...the chains are broken...His Word is spoken."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?